The Residence, Refugee Food Festival’s restaurant dedicated to refugee cooks, is looking for a Head Chef.
Your missions are:
- To accompany, train and supervise the line cooks and the chef-in-residence in the production and design of the menu and recipes, respecting the standards of quality and hygiene.
- Supervise the application of the hygiene standards (HACCP), the organization of the kitchen and the respect for the equipment
- Ensure the proper management of stocks, orders and quality products (season, sourcing, production mode).
- Ensure the respect and optimization of the material costs of the receipts, including the training of the personnel in this step in order to bring them the knowledge on the control of the costs.
- Ensure the smooth running of the service (verify the quality of plates etc.).
- Managing schedules and recruitments, guarantee a positive team dynamic.
- Optimize the business operations in order to contribute to the overall development, along with the complementary catering activities (events, catering, meal trays, etc.).
- Contribute to the goal of raising the awareness of the customers on the refugee cause.
About your profile:
- You are dynamic, smiling, engaged and you want to discover the cuisine of the world through a social project. Your human/interpersonal skills are extremely important. Sharing and enhancing a team spirit is essential.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in cooking in a brigade, with a strong notion of the quality of simple products.
- The organization, management, transmission and management are part of your skills.
If you want to join a project that makes sense and grown up, this post is for you!
- Type: Modern cantine
- Days open: Wednesday – Sunday
- Services: Lunch & Dinner
- Total workforce: 5
- Cuisine: International
- Wine:Biodynamic / Natural / Conventional
- Cocktails: No
- Hiring date: 01/07/2019
- Contract: Permanent (full time)
- Working hours: 39
- Salary: 26.500€-30.000€
- Supplementary compensation: Collective annual performance bonus
- Paid overtime: To be specified
- Rhythms: Continuous 3 times, Daily Breaks 2 times, Lunch always, Evening 2 times
- Repos: Consecutive
- Work in WE: Yes, 2 days per WE
- Team size for this position: 4
- Minimum experience required in this position: 1 year(s)
- Minimum general experience required: 3 year(s)
- Candidate ideally should come from: both the bistronomic and the haute cuisine sectors
- Languages: French bilingual, English advanced – Other languages desired:
- Desired education:
- Details / precisions on the desired profile:
Offerd Salary0- £15,000